1. How to change IP address in Windows 7 ?
2. How to Windows 7 to obtain IP address automatically (set Dynamic IP Configuration - DHCP)?
3. How to change or use Preferred DNS Server in Windows 7 ?
4. How to add multiple IP address in Windows 7 ?
5. How to add multiple gateway in Windows 7 ?
6. How to add multiple DNS/WINS servers in Windows 7 ?
Right click Network icon in the Windows task bar(right side) and Select "Open Network and Sharing Center".
Network Access Icon
Click on "Change adapter settings" shown in the left pane of "Network and Sharing Center" then Network connections window will open.
Now you can see "Local Area connection" dialogue box. Double click Local Area Connections and then select "Properties".
Double click over Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) settings from "Local Area Connection Properties".
In Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties dialogue box
You can get IP settings assigned automatically if your network is having a DHCP service. Otherwise, you need to ask your network administrator for the appropriate IP address settings.
There are two options present for IP Address settings
1. Obtain IP address automatically
2. Use the following IP address
Select "Obtain IP Address automatically" if you have a DHCP support in your network, otherwise assign an IP address using "Use the following IP address" option and enter an IP address, Netmask and default gateway address.
DNS Server Settings
Two types of DNS settings are there
1. Obtain Server address automatically
2. Use the following DNS server addresses:
Select "Obtain DNS server Address automatically" if you have a gateway which supports this configuration.If you know the IP address of your DNS server you can select "Use the following DNS server addresses:" option and enter Preferred DNS Server and Alternate DNS server (Optional) and click ok to save the settings.
Advanced TCP/IP Settings
Click "Advanced" button located bottom-right side of the dailogue box to configure advanced TCP/IP settings. Here you can see few tabs 1. IP settings ,2. DNS,3. WINS.
Here you can assigns multiple IP address and gateway address for your system.
Here you can add multiple DNS Servers address, in order of use.
Add WINS server details here.